Space Organization and distribution: Architectural space organization is targeted to create a sense of generous open space at the entrance level and maximization of floor area within permissible limits at upper levels. This has been achieved by reducing ground coverage at pedestrian to a minimum (29%), creating a wide entrance plaza with 36 feet clear height and a lobby with 22 feet clear height. The upper building masses are designed to convey lightness and sophisticated building form. Lightness and elegance has been further enhanced by opening of terraces at 6th and 8th floor levels and stepping back of east and west faces above 8th floor level. A high land use has been achieved with a Floor Area Ratio (FAR)of 14.34 (without basement )and 16.88 including basement. Distribution of spaces is as follows:
• Parking at three levels in the basement, accessible by ramps. The access ramps at 1:8 slope and the floor to floor ramps at very mild slope (1:14 to 1:18) accommodating 95 cars. short-time parking of additional 14 cars including loading dock for service entry and security van is provided at ground level.
• A/C Plant Room, Electric Substation (Kiosk Type) and Water reservoir at basement level-3.
• Main lobby, reception, telephone, dispatch, spaces for drivers and security guards at Ground Floor Level.
• The AB Bank Branch office, 4,600 sft net at mezzanine (1st floor ) from main lobby.
• Upper 15 floors (2nd to 7th and 9th to 18th )designated to office space, of which the Bank will currently occupy 6 floors (2 to7) allowing for 25% growth by project completion, and eventually up to 10th floor allowing 100% expansion. Spare office space has been reserved for the Bank at the 4th floor and 10th floor will be available for rent ( see Appendix A, Table 1). Bank’s canteen is designated at 8th floor and the auditorium at the top floor (19th). Board room and Top Executives are proposed at 6th floor –midway between the Bank’s floors.